Sunday, January 22, 2012

Truant One, Day Two

Friday night's workshop performance was even better than Thursday night's show. The discussions ran well into the wee hours and people seemed to enjoy themselves. I know I did.

It is a strange thing to watch other people work as hard as Jamie, Bobby, Marjorie, Gabi and Ryan did for me. It is humbling, really. Thanks again, gang. I can't wait to continue on the path.

So, what's next?

Jamie and I will meet in the next 48 hours to sort through the acres of feedback I was lucky enough to get from this process. Obviously, we can't use every suggestion and it will be come a balancing act between what we have and what we what to see. I'll end up disappearing into the keyboard for several weeks and then bring the resulting dead frog back to Jamie for some moral support and resuscitation. When she thinks we're ready, we'll bring the actors in to read the revised work and give us feedback.

It is our goal to have something ready for an actual performance (with sets, lights, sound, costume changes and a stage) by mid-Spring. We'll keep you posted here, so come back.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment