Thursday, April 5, 2012

answer anonymously. you can be honest.


--
what are your relationships usually like?

why?
--

Why are we asking? 

We are building a piece of improvisational interactive theater (working title: Splinters) that will wrap your input into an ongoing exploration of 21st century relationships.


So tell us your defaults, your dark places, and your joys. Then, read other comments. Then, share the link with the people you know so they can join the conversation. Every step of the way, you will be part of the creation.


To make your comment anonymous, use the drop-down "Comment as:" menu below and click "Anonymous."


Thanks for sharing,
Jamie and Bob

5 comments:

  1. I'm a serial monogamist with a short attention span. I know this about myself and try to be as honest with my partners as possible, but some things are easier said than believed.

    In the end - and it always ends -- I'm the Satan, playing on the other person's affections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i crush really hard on people i'll never have a real relationship with. they end up seeing my crazy way too early and i end up so much more hurt than the situation calls for.

    in relationships, i tend to be with someone who loves me desperately, and whom i have affection for and am physically attracted to enough for the sex to work. sometimes to be really good, even.

    every time i've said "i love you" it hasn't meant what it was supposed to mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If a person touches another, physically, affectionately, is that an expression of love?
    Is it intimacy?
    Well it ain't chopped liver.
    In this time of ours we're achingly desperate for contact.
    Could it be because we've been hiding behind our screens, daring someone to reach us?
    If so, this hunger is a good thing.
    It means we've got a shot at preserving our humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A slow build.

    Gradually but surely, we include each other in our lives a little bit more.

    Sometimes that inclusion is face time, sometimes it's sharing an intimate detail.

    Why? Because those kinds of relationships are built to last.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had tendency to pull the plug way early, without warning to avoid getting hurt in the long run. During my low points, I've taken to the "wounded bird", which naturally no good ever came from except to give me a temporary feeling of being needed.

    Similar to a previous post, I fall hard for those I know I'll never have a relationship with. Perhaps its the comfort level I feel since it stems usually from a solid friendship.

    ReplyDelete